« Back to Minutes

CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES of the FULL COUNCIL MEETING held on 6th March 2017

PRESENT: Cllr's Ashdown, Flint, Haywood, Higgs, Minter, Rowton-Lee, Searl, Watson, Williams, Wright, Young.

D/Cllr White and Lloyd were also present.

Apologies: Cllr Bird

Councillors Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: None

Public Question time: Two members of the public were present.

A question was raised about a recent planning refusal for two dwellings in Emmington. The resident was invited to attend the PC meeting when the Planning Appeal is an agenda item.

 

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed:

20-02-17 Full Council Meeting

 

Planning Section led by Cllr Wright - Planning applications to be considered:

P17/S0143/FUL Amended Details New compliant ramp with two steps up to finish floor level (as amended on 14 and 21 February 2017) at Bourne Memorial Methodist Church. Recommendation: Approval

P16/S4117/FUL Remodel the existing roof to form a new mansard roof with dormer windows, convert the existing roof void to create six new flats at 40 Oakley Road. Recommendation: Approval

P17/S0439/HH Demolition of existing garage and erection of new car port / garage and log store at 24 Springfield Gardens. Recommendation: Approval – Concerns raised over access remaining lawful and compliant.

P17/S0498/FUL Removal of condition 5 on P15/S0762/FUL – obscure glazing at The Pheasant, Red Lane, Chinnor Hill. Recommendation: Approval

 

5.1 Planning Permission granted by SODC

P16/S3573/RM Approval of Reserved Matters P15/S1547/O for the erection of a detached chalet dwelling with access, parking and amenity space at 19 Church Lane.

 

5.2 Planning Matters

5.2.1 For information: meeting with Taylor Wimpey has been held regarding the reserved matters and specific drainage issues. Roads will remain un-adopted by OCC but constructed up to standards for weekly waste collections and the site will be under a management company including the open spaces area.

5.2.2 Cala Homes informed the Parish Council that they will be hosting a Public Consultation with regard to a proposed development on Oakley Road.

5.2.3 Taylor Wimpey has requested road names for the development off Greenwood Meadow –

Wood green Square, Cornfield and Barley Rye were suggested. The Clerk to contact SODC to request more time for community engagement for future names.

5.2.4 S106 / CiLS review meeting has been arranged for Monday 10th April 7.30

 

5.3 Chinnor Neighbourhood Plan – Community Engagement

5.3.1 Cllr Pat Haywood (Chairman) had no updates as no-one has been in contact during consultation period.

5.3.2 Cllr Minter reported the website is being finalised.

 

Environment led by Cllr Higgs

6.1 Annual Assembly – 13th March – 21 groups attending. Everyone to attend and help with set up from 6.15pm.

6.2 Meeting confirmed for 27-3-17 at 7.30pm in Chamber re on-going issue with tree in alley off Oakley Road.

6.3 Update on Old Kiln Lakes – play area start date

6.4 August Marquee – event requests were discussed.

 

Cllr Rowton-Lee, Cllr Haywood and Cllr Watson left the meeting during the marquee event discussions.

It was agreed that Cllr Higgs should contact the two Friday requests to discuss a way forward for both groups. The Sunday afternoon remains available. Each week might has been allocated.

Final decision deferred until the next Full Parish Council meeting.

 

6.5 Clerk to contact the Allotment Society and request they take action with regard to the on-going problem of vermin.

6.6 Annual report from Alan Brawn regarding pathways was noted. A letter of thanks to be sent to Alan.

6.7 Estover Way Wildlife area – needs some attention / clearing out – to be discussed again once the new supervisor has started employment.

 

Finance and General Purposes led by Cllr Searl

7.1 The bills for payment were prosed by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Young

E.ON – Festive lighting charges – lamp posts £ 38.18

J. Merrill – OKL art £2500.00

Microshade – Citrix system £ 123.00

Unimail – Assembly printing £ 12.00

RS Ltd – VC mini bus grant £ 358.37

RB Pickard – WFCH cleaning for Feb £ 85.00

Complete Tree Services – felling 3 trees, Henton quote and Church lane £1764.00

G Browns – Long reach cutter £49.99

Arval Fuel – DD – fuel Feb 17 £ 67.44

7.2 The Clerk reported that two applications for co-option had been received. Details of both candidates were read out to the Councillor's still present. It was resolved, by vote, that the position of Councillor be offered to

Mr Daryl Ridgeley – 7 for, 1 abstained.

7.3 Review of land/buildings in ownership / responsibility of CPC – Cllr Flint has prepared a document to assist with this review and the managing of assets which will be circulated to all councillors. Cllr Searl agreed to help with this.

7.4 A report was discussed with regard to planting of new trees – the positions within the Playing Field/Whites Field area were agreed. The best time for planting is November. Permission to be sought from OCC for the piece of land on Station Road. Quotes for additional seats and bins needed.

7.5 Councillors allowance 2016-2017 = £298.52 – Cllrs Ashdown, Flint, Haywood, Higgs, Minter, Searl, Rowton-Lee and Watson to claim the allowance. Cheques will be processed at the next Full Council meeting.

7.6 Quote from Complete Tree Services regarding works needed to various trees in Henton was discussed – it was agreed to proceed with all required maintenance except cosmetic works at this time.

7.7 The Clerk gave an update on fencing around Conigre play area / football pitches. Waiting for information and revised quoted from contractor. Start date to be advised soon.

 

Clerks Report – items not needing notice of decisions:

8.1 Clerks and Council's Direct magazine was passed to Cllr Wright

8.2 NALC Good Councillors Spring Conference 26th April Farnborough – Cllrs Young & Haywood

8.3 Cllr Searl reported on recent complaints to Football Club regarding bad language –and assured PC that this is being dealt with in a robust manner.

8.4 Letter regarding an accident at CCP 28th April has been passed directly to PC Insurance Co.

8.5 Southern Expressway – Bypass (Oxford – Cambridge) Cllr Rowton-Lee to prepare report for 20.3.17

8.6 The Clerk reported that Cllr Haywood is producing a report with regard to strengthening Planning Committee structure for the future.

8.7 Pavilion car park lights are scheduled for completion this week.

8.8 Outside Reports were noted – details of the SODC Planning Committee recently attended by Cllrs Williams and Ashdown regarding Persimmon Homes development and demolition of two dwellings, Greenwood Avenue. The Planning Committee deferred their decision pending site visit.

 

Meeting ended

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon