« Back to Minutes

CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the FULL COUNCIL MEETING held on 3rd October 2016

PRESENT: Cllr's Ashdown, Flint, Higgs, Minter, Searl, Watson, Williams, Wright
Also present: C/Cllr Wilmshurst and D/Cllr White

1. Apologies: Cllrs Haywood, Bird, Rowton-Lee, Young and D/Cllr Lloyd
2. Councillors Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: None

 

3. Public Question time: 5 members of the public were present.
One member of the public made these comments:
The letter from SODC regarding the Taylor Wimpey Reserved Matters amended application was discussed. It was believed that 2 months were given but SODC Committee is reviewing this after only 1 month. Large proportion of 2.5 storey buildings are not in keeping and will dominate the existing residents..
PCSO requested to attend Chinnor Youth Club and introduce herself – a direct dial number is required for youth club use. The Clerk to talk to PCSO.
New signage needed to pavilion and Parish Council offices – to be added to next agenda.
Provision of Marquee – strongly support marquee and CPC funding the marquee for local organisations. These events help to keep the community spirit alive and promote a good village ethos.

Three members of the public attended from the Transport group from the Neighbourhood Plan. A presentation was emailed to all Councillors – this to be added to agenda for the next meeting.

 

4. Minutes of previous meeting agreed and signed:
19-09-16 Full Council Meeting signed by Cllr Williams

 

5. Report from County Council and District Council
Written report from C/Cllr Wilmshurst in the minutes file. District report will be available at the end of the week.
D/Cllr White reported on the new act going to Parliament soon regarding Planning – if a public consultation begins it is encouraged that everyone joins in the consultation.
The Taylor Wimpey Reserved Matters application was discussed regarding the unprecedented decision to defer the outcome.

 

6. Planning Section led by Cllr Wright
1. Planning applications to be considered:
P15/S4131/RM Reserved Matters – Amended Details
Application for reserved matters following outline P14/S0953/O for the appearance, landscaping, layout and scale. Outline consent for residential development for up to 80 dwellings including means of access, open space and associated development.
As amended and clarified by plans and additional information received 16 September 2016 amending design and layout, including changes to house types and addition of a three storey building. At land adjoining Greenwood Avenue.
Following a meeting with Taylor Wimpey and an email dated 3/10/16 with further amendments to address PC concerns Recommendations: Approval to include additional amendments as emailed direct from Taylor Wimpey 3.10.16 . Request for Condition that Car Ports cannot be enclosed or developed at a later date to ensure that parking facilities are not lost
P16/S3021/FUL Proposed car port at land adjacent to 22 Leyburne Gardens. Recommendations: No Strong Views
P16/S3127/HH Two storey extension and insertion of a window and 2 roof lights in side elevation at 13 Oakley Lane. Recommendations: Approval
P16/S2856/HH To add extra bedrooms and service spaces to the existing house, modify part of existing house. Re-site artist studio to improve working conditions. Convert the original artist studio into a new entry area and add an additional atelier/living room and deck. New entry route for vehicles on site and car ports at two locations at Hill House, Chinnor Hill. Recommendations: No Strong Views
Comments to note: Visual impact of development a concern due to the number of felled trees plus the height of the proposal.

2. Planning Permission granted by SODC
P16/S2356/LDE Certificate of Lawful Use or Development - Use class B2 (steel fabricating works) at land at Crowell Hill Farm, Crowell Hill.
P16/S1486/RM Approval of Reserved Matters for appearance, landscaping, layout and scale for 2 detached 5 bed dwellings (as amended on 2nd August 16) at 47 and 49 Oakley Lane.

3. Planning and Highways Matters
3.1 Update was given regarding Tree Preservation Order 16S13 – preservation of 12 Sycamore Trees in land south of Greenwood Avenue. It was agreed to not action any further.
3.2 Letter from Jack and Jill Pre-school regarding an update on current building and possible changes was noted. A request for permission for a permanent sign to be erected outside Mill Lane car park area on CPC land – more details are need of sign size, design etc.
3.3 Road Closure confirmation – no.62 order 2016 – Keens Lane closure for Christmas Eve Carols – The Clerk advised the requirements of CPC during this event. Cllr Watson to complete a full Risk Assessment for consideration at the next meeting.
3.4 Change of property name from Whitewood Farm to - Henton Manor, New Close Farm Road.

 

7. Finance and General Purposes led by Cllr Searl
7.1 The bills for payment were proposed by Cllr Williams and seconded by Cllr Wright:
BDO LLP – External audit completion £ 2436.00
RB Pickard – WFCH cleaning £ 60.00
J. Merrill – OKL art project £ 2500.00
J. Merrill – OKL art project £ 2500.00
OALC – Finance course for Cllr Ashdown and Searl £ 156.00
RBS – Software maintenance £ 288.00
Arval Fuel – DD – fuel 20-9-16 to 28-9-16 £ 78.80
Arval Fuel – DD – fuel 31-8-16 to 6-9-16 £ 114.32
Wireless Logic – DD - Tracker SIM £ 5.64
Public Works Loan Board – loan repayment – Pavilion £10110.91
White Horse Contractors - OKL recreation area £22525.42
7.2 OKL – the Clerk reported that the top soil deliveries from Taylor Wimpey are completed.
7.3 Remembrance Day – All Councillors are summoned to attend the parade on 13/11/16.
7.4 Chinnor RBL – Cllr Watson proposed to fund £145.00 for sound system for Remembrance Day Parade. Seconded by Cllr Flint. All in favour.
7.5 Conigre Play Area – completion due mid week – all looking good. Proposal for new fencing and replacement footpath was agreed – quotes to be obtained.
7.6 Christmas Light update was given by The Clerk – a reduction in quote costs means the project comes in almost at budget costs. Timers to be added to lights for 6am to 9am illumination and then 3pm to midnight.
7.7 The Clerk reported on the Passion Play for 2017 and the proposal was agreed for yarn bombing the village prior to the event.
Cllr Searl left the meeting

 

8. Chinnor Community Pavilion (CCP) led by The Clerk
8.1 PCMS will be meeting with Building Perspectives who will be acting on behalf of PC to assist with the final accounts.
8.2 WW memorial tree – it was agreed that the Oak tree at the front of the pavilion will be delegated as one of the memorial trees. Plaque to be sought.

 

9. Clerks Report – items not needing notice of decisions:
9.1 Co-option application – no applicants to date.
9.2 Letter from St Andrew's School to agree tree cutting on a tree in their land for solar panels.
9.3 Red Kite Centre meeting request – Cllr Higgs to make contact this week.
9.4 C.A B AGM to be held on 18th October in Abingdon.
9.5 Allotment AGM to be held on 12th October – Cllr Higgs to attend.
9.6 Cil / S106 meeting to be held with Neighbourhood Plan on 10th October at 7pm
9.7 Community Pavilion confirmed a payment of £1000.00 to CPC leaving a balance of £7000
9.8 Parish Council Surgery was cancelled due to power cut – re-arranged for 5th November

 

 

Chairman _____________________________________________ Dated __________________

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon