« Back to Minutes

CHINNOR PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Environment Committee meeting held on 11th December 2017

PRESENT: Cllr Ashdown, Haywood, Higgs, Ridgley, Standage, Wright and Williams

Staff: Liz Folley, Jo Wills

Apologies: Cllr Watson

 

Co-Option of members: None

Councillors Declaration of Pecuniary Interest & Dispensations: None

 

Public Question time: No members of the public were present

 

Chinnor Open Spaces:

5.1 Proposal from Greening Chinnor to purchase 3 replacement trees was proposed by Cllr Higgs seconded by Cllr Haywood and agreed. The thermal imaging project did not go ahead and it was therefore agreed that this funding should be used for the purchase of trees. GC will order the trees for delivery and planting in January.

5.2 The Clerk to report on progress of time limit for removal of items from Playing Fields. The Community Pavilion has been advised by letter that if the debris is not removed by 20th December 2017 the council will remove it and recharge the costs.

5.3 The Winter Snow Procedure was approved.

 

Whites Field Community Hall and Car Park area

6.1 Update on recent vandalism by CYFC storage shed – CYFC currently waiting for results of bid for grant funding to enhance the security at Whites Field. F&GP committee to look at funding availability if there is a shortfall. It was agreed that an article should be put in the pump to remind residents of who to contact if they witness ASB.

6.2 Youth Club – no current updates available, management meeting to be arranged in the New Year.

 

Events

7.1 Carols around the Tree - Risk Assessment approved. In light of difficulty with Road Closure, New Foundation requirements for the tree, Insurance & Public liability it was proposed that The Village Christmas Tree be moved to the Pavilion for future years, it was agreed that this matter should be discussed in detail at Full Council.

7.2 Volunteers award night – launch on 26th March 2018 alongside Annual Assembly – Cllr Higgs will organise a working group in the New Year

7.3 August Marquee events –The annual Beer Festival (Saturday) and Flower and Produce Show (Monday) were confirmed. It was agreed that application forms for the other available dates will be available from 8th January. Deadline for applicants is 1st March. Applications will be reviewed at Full Council on 5th March 2018.

 

Clerks Report:

8.1 Oxfordshire Voice magazine – Cllr Ashdown

8.2 Emergency Plan- has been updated and submitted to OCC. Copy to be circulated to all councillors. Grant applications to be considered at January Council Meeting.

8.3 Stephen McKenna Land Trust will be attending a meeting at CPC office on 18th December 2pm.

 

 

Chairman.......................................................Dated..............................................

pdf icon

Download PDF

( 34KB ) pdf icon